Don’t miss Wayne on Lone Star Country Nights every Monday to Thursday from 7pm to 9pm!
Following a business career in and out of broadcasting, Wayne Michaels brings many years of broadcasting to his current position as host of Lone Star Country Nights. He began his radio career 1975 in Belton, Texas as the night time DJ on Saturday nights. From Belton, Wayne moved on to KNEL 1490 in Brady, Texas and WWMM in Arlington Heights, Illinois. After returning to Texas, Wayne felt the need to get back into broadcasting and joined Lone Star Internet Radio in the spring of 2014.
In addition to his work with Lone Star Internet Radio, Wayne is the Executive Director of Caiden’s Hope Foundation. Caiden’s Hope provides support for parents with a critically ill premature infant hospitalized in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. (www.caidenshope.org)
Wayne also enjoys his grandsons, working with country music artists, exploring Texas and enjoying the fall, winter and spring from the backroads of Texas on his motorcycle. He and his wife Sharleen recently celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary.
Got a question for Wayne? Fill out the form below!
Check out Lone Star Country Nights on Social Media & check ARCHIVES below. (CLICK ICONS)
Check out Lone Star Country Night’s past guest below!
- November 5th, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – Studio Sessions with Aubrie Lynn - Wayne had local country singer Aubrie Lynn in the studio for the edition of Studio Sessions! Check her out online here: http://www.aubrielynnmusic.com/ Check out Lone Star Country Nights on Social Media & check ARCHIVES below. (CLICK ICONS) Want to be a guest on Lone Star Country Nights? Have a song request for him? You can contact him […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Studio Sessions with Undercover - LoneStar Country Nights with Wayne Michaels welcomed a new family group to Studio Sessions on Thursday October 8, 2015. Ryan Claxton, his sister Kelsey Nickel and her husband Ryan Nickel make up Undercover a three piece vocal group. Check out Lone Star Country Nights on Social Media & check ARCHIVES below. (CLICK ICONS) Want to be […]
- May 19th, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – David Parsons, Poetry - Poet David Parsons joined Lone Star Country Nights to promote his new book, Reaching for Longer Water, and a new class that he is teaching at Lone Star College Montgomery. He is hosting a creative writing workshop for veterans/family & friends this fall (2015). If you are interested in checking out the class just visit […]
- May 6th, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – Lyssa Warren and Band - Lyssa Warren and her band visited the Lone Star studios to play a couple tunes and talk about the upcoming album. You can hear more from Lyssa from checking out her website:www.reverbnation.com/lyssawarren Check out Wayne Michaels on Social Media & check out his ARCHIVES below. Check out Wayne’s past guest below! Want to be a guest […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Stone Valley Music Festival with Randy Holland - LoneStar Country Nights spoke with Randy Holland of the Stone Valley Texas Music Festival scheduled this summer near Johnson City Texas. Headlining the events will be: Doug Stone – April 11 Johnny Bush – May 9 Hal Ketchum – June 6 Cody Johnson – July 4 Dale Watson – August 22 Mickey Gilley – September […]
- March 2nd, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – Warehouse Rock Academy - Phil Ware of the Warehouse Rock Academy joined LoneStar Country Nights on Monday March 2, 2015 to tell us about his rock and roll school for teenagers in Montgomery County. The students “Final Exams” a live rock and roll show for paying fans, the bands ages 6-17 get the opportunity to strut their real rock […]
- February 24th, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – Cody Wayne - Cody Wayne of Cody Wayne and Westbound 21 stopped by LoneStar Country Nights on February 24, 2015 to talk about his new single and updated CD debuting on Thursday Februbary 26, 2015. Cody Wayne is an East Texas born and raised singer/songwriter. He was inspired to play the guitar by his roommate in the United […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Wild Cactus Rose Interview - Wild Cactus Rose stopped by LoneStar Country Nights to debut three new songs off her upcoming album. The artist is beginning her upcoming tour starting in Conroe, Texas. Check out Wayne Michaels on Social Media & check out his ARCHIVES below. Check out Wayne’s past guest below! Want to be a guest on Lone Star Country […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Conroe Country Cousins Interview - The Conroe Country Cousins Square Dance Club stopped by LoneStar Country Night February 3, 2015 to let the community know about their upcoming performance at the Crighton Theatre April 4, 2015. They will be opening for legendary Urban Cowboy Mickey Gilley and country music artist Stephen Pride during the Stars Over Texas Concert Series. The […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Kevin Ray Adams Interview - Kevin Ray Adams called LoneStar Country Nights February 3 2015 to commemorate the “Day the Music Died” and the personal connection he has with J.P. Richardson known professional as The Big Bopper. Adams is a country music artist and is married to Richardson’s granddaughter. The family has been campaigning to have The Big Bopper be […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Cub Scouts Pack 293 Spring Tx - Cub Scouts from Pack 293 in Spring Texas visited LoneStar Country Nights February 5, 2015 to learn about mass communications. Check out Wayne Michaels on Social Media & check out his ARCHIVES below. Check out Wayne’s past guest below! Want to be a guest on Lone Star Country Nights? Have a song request for him? You can […]
- February 12th, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – Aubrie Lynn - College Station Texas singer songwriter Aubrie Lynn visited LoneStar Country Nights February 12, 2015 to play some of the new songs off her just released EP Get Lost With You. The 22 year old wrote four of the songs herself and collaborated with Kenny Graves on Carolina Rain. Graves had written the tune before Aubrie […]
- February 17th, 2015 – Lone Star Country Nights – Willis High School Band Director Chris Allen - Willis ISD Band Director Chris Allen visited LoneStar Country Nights February 17, 2015 to bring listeners up to date on the Willis school band programs including the High School Marching Band, the two middle school bands and the Jazz Band. The Willis High School Marching Band will be taking part in the 50th Anniversary Go […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – A J Pyatt - It takes a lot of drive (pun intended) to jump in the car with your best friend and travel from city to city for three weeks selling CD’s out of the trunk and performing anytime you find an audience, but that’s exactly what A J Pyatt recently did. AJ made Conroe his home base for […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Don Woods - Don Woods On any given summer day back in the 70’s and 80’s driving down some dusty old back roads of Joshua Texas, one might hear on old transmitter radio playing some great George Jones tunes to the hum of an old tractor and chain saws. Make no mistake the sounds were heard not only […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Caiden’s Hope TELETHON: DEC.4 at 7PM - Caiden’s Hope Foundation took over LoneStar Internet Radio on Thursday, December 4, 2014 raising over $600.00 to support parents with a premature baby hospitalized in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Donating their time and talent were Montgomery County Country and Western artists Madi Dean, Kade Jenkins, Amber Adams, Kenna Danielle, Michael Player and Jarrod […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – Caiden’s Hope TELETHON: DEC.4 at 7PM - Make sure to tune in to Lone Star Internet Radio on Thursday at 7PM this week! LoneStar Country Nights is hosting the first every TELETHON forCaiden’s Hope – Providing Hope in the Midst of Trial. Starting at 7PM, Wayne will be on the air taking PHONE donations (CALL: 936-647-3776) and donations through http://www.caidenshope.org/. Special IN-STUDIO […]
- Lone Star Country Nights – R J Vandygriff - Lone Star Country Nights recently spoke with Cowboy R. J. Vandygriff about the Cowboy Code and his touring cowboy show. R. J. Vandygriff is an award winning singer/songwriter, playwright and actor not to mention a pretty darn good cowboy. He’s at home on a stage, in front of a camera or horseback in the big pasture. […]