Montgomery ISD has embarked on a new adventure this school year and taken on the air waves. The new radio program, We Are Montgomery, will air on the last Wednesday of every month at 11 a.m. as part of the programming of Lone Star Internet Radio.
We Are Montgomery is hosted by MISD Superintendent Dr. Beau Rees and has a star packed line-up of guest speakers each month. Broadcasts will highlight campus events, students, teachers, administration and board members.
Check out We Are Montgomery’s social media and archives below!
View past shows below!
- May 27th, 2015 – We Are Montgomery ISD! – Lone Star Elementary - Special Guests – Lone Star Elementary with Principal Dr. Catherin Bartlett. Director of Technology Jerry Krusleski and Board Memeber Jim Dossey. About the guests Dr. Bartlett I love being a part of Lone Star Elementary. Our teachers and students are the best! Prior to joining LSE, I was a principal for 7 years and an assistant […]
- April 29th, 2015 – We Are Montgomery! – Montgomery Elementary School - The April episode of We Are Montgomery spotlights the Blue-Ribbon Award winning Montgomery Elementary School. MES teacher Christina Reuter shares some interesting stories about the school’s Dual-Language Program and brings along some of her students to give first-hand accounts of what it’s like to learn two languages in elementary school. MES Principal Jada Mullins is […]
- March 25th, 2015 – We Are Montgomery – Stewart Creek Elementary - The March episode of We Are Montgomery shines the spotlight on Stewart Creek Elementary and some of the great programs and opportunities provided to Montgomery ISD students. Gifted and Talented Coordinator Lenora Barnes joins Stewart Creek students to talk about their recent accolades in the Destination Imagination Regional Championships. In addition, SCE Principal Carolyn Fiaschetti […]
- February 25th, 2015 – We Are Montgomery! – Madeley Ranch Elementary - The February show of We Are Montgomery shows the “love” to Madeley Ranch Elementary. Principal Andrea Smith stops by with students from her Broadcasting E-Track. Students share with MISD Superintendent Dr. Beau Rees the things they have learned as they produce the campus’s morning announcement show, The Ranch Report. In addition, Executive Director of Secondary […]
- January 2015 – We Are Montgomery – Montgomery ISD - We will be spotlighting Montgomery Intermediate School with Principal Mallory Kirby. MIS choir teacher Michelle Wetuski will be sharing about her Vocal Elite program and nurse Clara Naccarato will be sharing about her Kids for Community Club. Also, Dr. Rees will have Executive Director of Elementary Education Wendy Graves and Board of Trustee member David […]
- December 2014 – We Are Montgomery – Montgomery ISD! - This month’s episode of We Are Montgomery puts the spotlight on Montgomery Middle School. Campus principal Amy Busby is joined by MMS librarian Janet Fick and teacher Kyla Seale to share some of the amazing things that are happening at Montgomery Middle. Students from the extracurricular activities such as Book Club, Scrabble Club, and the […]
- We Are Montgomery! November 2014 - We Are Montgomery spotlights Montgomery Junior High School with an interview with the MJH Principal Ms. Angie Chapman. Ms. Chapman brings along one her amazing teachers, Ms. Kate Norsworthy who teaches Teen Leadership for MJH. In addition, the following MJH students: Madison Wedgeworth, Dylan Villarubia, Madi Davis,Maria Villa, Blyss Rees and Kassi Mashaw are also […]
- We Are Montgomery! October 2014 - Today’s line-up included Montgomery High School Theatre Arts Director, Ms. Suzanne Ray, along with the following MHS student performers: Justin Baker, Sally Johnson, Michael Rios, Jack Russell, Austin Smith, Abby Thomet and Kenneth Wei. In addition, MHS Principal Phil Eaton was a guest, along with Executive Director of HR & Communications Sonja Lopez. Check out […]