Montgomery County 4-H members will discuss their favorite 4-H projects that they are looking forward to this year. They will also talk about summer highlights including the Texas 4-H Dog Show and how well Montgomery County members did at the show in Belton. The new 4-H year is just beginning, so we have “back to 4-H” on our minds!
Visit 4-H Club’s Social Media & Archives Below!
Check out The Extension Hours’s past guest below!
- September 23rd, 2016 – The Extension Hour - Lana Franceschini from Walker County Extension joins Amy and Josh to celebrate family mealtime with a challenge to eat at home at least 3 nights a week. The trio discusses tips and tricks to help families and individuals make the most of mealtime including the upcoming Dinner Tonight! Cooking School on October 27. Montgomery County […]
- August 19th, 2016 – The Extension Hour with Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service - Amy Ressler is joined by Extension staff members Josh Merillat, Jenni Adams, and Rachel Cooper. The gang discusses family wellness in financial terms. They share a few real life examples of the pitfalls of credit card use along with strategies for managing credit and solutions for paying down debt such as the power pay method. […]
- July 22nd, 2016 – The Extension Hour with Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Hour - Today, Michelle Mihalek, County Extension Agent 4-H Youth Development interviews 4-H members Gabby Pena, Sierra Reynolds and Abby LeBlanc about their 4-H experiences and the skills they have learned through their participation in 4-H programs. Montgomery County Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Listen to this show on Youtube. Visit TEH’s Social Media & past shows below! (CLICK […]
- July 1st, 2016 – The Extension Hour with Amy Ressler - Extension staffers Amy Ressler, Rachel Cooper, Yvonne Welther and Josh Merrilat talk shop… literally. Shopping smart takes a bit of know-how. Listen in as they discuss savvy consumer tips and make a few consumer confessions. Also, introducing the 4-H Consumer Decision Making Contest, Amy and Rachel challenge Josh and Yvonne to place a class of […]
- June 17th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Amy Ressler - Amy Ressler is joined by guest Lora Jorgensen as they discuss the newly released FDA guidelines for food labeling and the search for hidden sugars in food products. Even though they talk about eliminating added sugars, they are a sweet as ever! Healthy Living in Montgomery County Facebook Montgomery County Texas A&M AgriLife […]
- June 10th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Kids and Money! - Today, we are talking about: Kids and Money – teaching your kids to have a healthy understanding of money. Joshua Merillat is joined by a great panel of guests: Jenni Adams, Marcia Merillat and Melissa Mills and each one brings with them a very unique and valuable point of view on this topic. We are […]
- June 3rd, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Michael Potter - The Extension Hour featured Michael Potter the Horticulture Extension Agent from Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. In this show he discusses the current problems associated with all too much water and simple steps to help get through upcoming issues in the landscape. Visit Montgomery County Master Gardeners: Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Service, Montgomery Listen to […]
- May 20th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – 4-H Club District Roundup - Montgomery County 4-H members are wrapping up a busy, productive spring season! 85 members competed in the District 4-H Roundup held at Lone Star College in April. The county won 5th Place Overall County Sweepstakes against 17 other counties! Several teams will advance to State 4-H Roundup next month in College Station. Ms. Bea Blanco […]
- May 13th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Better Living for Texans - Michele Scaife, Extension Assistant with Better Living for Texans, and Beth Smith, Counselor at CC Hardy Elementary in Willis ISD, share the value of returning to a family mealtime by taking a look at the typical family dinner, the nutritional an social benefits, planning for a family meal, and how different parenting styles influence the […]
- April 15th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – 4H Club news and more! - Spring time is a busy time in the 4-H program! This week was the youth Montgomery County Fair contests. It was also Kids Days at the Fair and close to 2,000 local students toured the fairgrounds and did educational activities organized by the 4-H program like planting a seed, vegetable sorting, and decorating a paper […]
- April 8th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Family Health and Wellness - Fathers and father figures play an important role in the healthy development of children. In this week’s show, Amy Ressler and Josh Merillat are joined by Roderick Peoples and Roy Campos from the New Pathways for Fathers and Families initiative discussing program benefits of a federally funded fatherhood program designed to encourage and equip fathers […]
- March 12th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Better Living For Texans - Better Living for Texans, host Yvonne Welther and invited guest, Cachet Perry Bean, aquatics instructor for Conroe’s REC Aquatic Center, talk about the benefits of having an active lifestyle and a lifelong activity, in order to prevent chronic health issues from affecting our longevity and quality of life. Want to be a guest on The […]
- March 4th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Family Health & Wellness - Amy Ressler is joined by friends from Montgomery County United Way’s Healthy Living Alliance, Jodie Schrier and Maria Archila and the new Montgomery County Family and Consumer Sciences Program Assistant, Josh Merillat. The group has a great time talking about the benefits of physical activity and how people can participate in the 2016 Montgomery County […]
- February 5th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – The Clover Connection - Today’s 4-H Clover Connection Show featured Rachel Cooper, Montgomery County 4-H Program Assistant and Preston Sturdivant, Anderson County 4-H Agent talking about what the 4-H Program is and all that it has to offer for the youth of Montgomery County. They discussed the different projects and opportunities available through 4-H as well as the contests […]
- February 12th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Family Health & Wellness - This week on the Extension Hour – Family Health and Wellness, Amy Ressler is joined by Marilyn Kasmeirsky, Director of Professional and Government Relations with Lone Star Family Health Center as they discuss common health concerns and resources available for families in Montgomery County. Want to be a guest on The Extension Hour? Anyone is […]
- January 29th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Better Living for Texans - Yvonne Welther, Montgomery County’s Better Living for Texans extension assistant, talks about what we can do to secure our food that are stored in the pantry. Invited special guest was, Jinny Mata, owner of Pestmasters Pest Control. Pests can compromise the safety of our food supply at home, and can be a potential health hazard […]
- January 22nd, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Family Health and Wellness - In this week’s Extension Hour listeners get a double shot of Extension programs hearing from Amy Ressler, County Extension Agent-Family and Consumer Sciences AND Yvonne Welther, Extension Assistant-Better Living for Texans as they discuss the recent release of the revised Dietary Guidelines for Americans, what the guidelines mean for consumers, and how people can incorporate […]
- January 8th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Agriculture Toolbox - The Agriculture Tool Box program on January 8 featured the importance of honey bees to agriculture and the importance of beekeepers in reestablishing the bee population across the country. Mr. and Mrs. Elam were present to discuss this very current topic. We also featured the educational efforts of the Montgomery County Bee Keepers Association and […]
- January 15th, 2016 – The Extension Hour – Garden & Landscape Hour - Michael Potter, Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Horticultural Agent for Montgomery County is joined by Lucinda Owen. Mrs. Owen is a Montgomery County Master Gardener that is a certified Fruit Specialist with the State Master Gardener Association. Today they will discuss the basics of fruit trees along with the upcoming educational programs available through Extension. They […]
- December 18th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – The Clover Connection - Today’s 4-H Clover Connection Show featured several guests. Your host Caroline Cruz, County Extension Agent welcomed Datrin Rodgers from City of Conroe Parks and Recreation Department to talk about the Leadership Adventure Program for students in 7th – 9th Grade. This is an outdoor learning program where students learn how to canoe, fish, outdoor cooking, […]
- December 11th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Family Health and Wellness - United Way representatives Karen Howard and Lucinda Owen join Amy Ressler to discuss the MCUWs Education Impact Council, strategies, and results of programs including Families Reading Every Day (FRED). [youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ZFvWVjXps] Check out The Extension Hours’s past guest below! Want to be a guest on The Extension Hour? Anyone is welcome! You can contact the station through our […]
- December 4th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Garden and Landscape Hour - SOUNDCLOUD YOUTUBE Check out The Extension Hours’s past guest below! Want to be a guest on The Extension Hour? Anyone is welcome! You can contact the station through our CONTACT US PAGE – Just click HERE!
- November 20th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Family Health & Wellness - Tanner Williams, County Extension Agent-Family and Consumer Sciences in Grimes County, joins Amy Ressler to discuss the fun and diverse FCS programming including Dinner Tonight, Walk Across Texas, and Child Care Provider Training. They also add a few tips for food safety during the holidays. SOUNDCLOUD YOUTUBE Amy Ressler, and guest Lora Jorgensen, Nutrition Educator, […]
- November 13th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Better Living for Texans - Better Living for Texans’ Yvonne Welther had special guests, Nancy Wagoner and Diana Salinas, boxing trainers and certified USA Boxing officials, from Fearless Boxing Gym in Conroe. Topics discussed were the “Holiday weight gain”, many of us may be familiar with , Women’s Health and heart disease, and the importance and benefits of physical activity. […]
- October 30th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Family Health & Wellness - Amy Ressler, and guest Lora Jorgensen, Nutrition Educator, compare and contrast Celiac disease and gluten intolerance/sensitivity along with discussion of “if”, “when”, and “how” to go gluten-free. Check out The Extension Hours’s past guest below! Want to be a guest on The Extension Hour? Anyone is welcome! You can contact the station through our CONTACT US PAGE […]
- October 23rd, 2015 – The Extension Hour with Texas A&M Extension Service – Agriculture Toolbox - The Agriculture Tool Box was a joint effort with the Texas Forest Service helping with the program. We discussed wildfire protection around the house and out building through the Fire Wise Program, fire as a tool for fuel load management through prescribed burns. The goal determination, fire plan development, and executing a burn were all […]
- October 16th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Garden & Landscape Hour - Interview with Michael Potter, Texas A&M Agrilife Extension Horticultural Agent for Montgomery County. Michael discusses the educational programs available through Extension, as well as the development of new and innovative ideas that are being implemented at the extension site on Airport Road in Conroe. He also explains some of the many projects that master gardeners […]
- October 2nd, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Family Health & Wellness - Amy Ressler, and guest Jodie Shrier, Workplace Wellness Cooridnator with United Way’s Healthy Living Alliance discuss the the HLA project, why workplace wellness is important, results of recent pilot projects in Montgomery County and introduction of 5-2-1-0. Check out The Extension Hours’s past guest below! Want to be a guest on The Extension Hour? Anyone is […]
- September 25th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – The Clover Connection - Today’s host Michelle Mihalek, County Extension Agent – 4-H Youth Development giving the scoop on the 4-H program. Step by step on how to join and what to expect along with upcoming activities and events. We are starting new projects including Robotics and Natural Resources. Tie up your 4-H activities with record keeping and a […]
- September 18th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Agriculture Toolbox - The Fall Armyworm can be a destructive pest that can consume pasture and hay fields in a matter of hours. We discussed the life cycle of the Armyworm and control measures. The time to establish cool season annuals for winter grazing is approaching. The program covered varieties of winter annual grassed, cereal grains, and legumes. […]
- September 4th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Family Health & Wellness with Amy Ressler - Amy Ressler, and guest Laura Talbott-Ressler (Amy’s English daughter-in-law), discuss the mission and purpose of Extension along with specifics of Amy’s program area in Family and Consumer Sciences (Family Health & Wellness). Listeners can test their knowledge of this 100 year old organization and see if they know more about Extension than a “foreigner”. Check […]
- August 21st, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Better Living for Texans - Your Host, Yvonne J. Welther talks about “Going Green with Organic”. Consumers are not only interested in the nutrients and benefits of a healthy diet. They want to know in what goes into the production of the foods they eat. We will talk about the definition of “organic” foods, How to identify organic foods at the […]
- August 31st, 2015 – The Extension Hour – The Agriculture Tool Box with Michael Heimer - The Agriculture Tool box addressed Forage Management in Southeast Texas. The program addressed soil fertility issues and how they limit production. Variety selection in relation to production expectations and soils. We also addressed pest problems including grasshoppers, armyworms, and stem maggots. The program wrapped up with some discussion on safety issues related to tractors and […]
- August 14th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Grow Eat Grow - In this week’s extension hour, Michele Scaife, Project specialist for Grow Eat Go, Jenni Adams, Family and Consumer Sciences Coordinator, and Beatrice Blanco, City of Conroe Organ Wise Director, introduced the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Learn Grow Eat Go program. Michele and Jenni share the background of the Grow Eat Go research project, and how […]
- August 7th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Garden & Landscape - The program for the Extension Hour included a brief overview of the current world fresh water supply, and a more in-depth look at the current water supply in Montgomery County, current requirements for fresh water, population growth and future needs. Water supply and usage are tied together and looking at Montgomery County in particular, lawn […]
- July 24th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – Better Living For Texans - Today’s topic was on Foodborne Illness and how to prevent it at home using 4 steps. One in six people are struck with food borne illness every year, along with 128,000 annual hospitalizations. Simple steps to remember such as Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill, can help us and our families stay safe and prevent a […]
- July 18th, 2015 – The Extension Hour – The Clover Connection with 4-H Club - In the 4-H Clover Connection, Montgomery County 4-H Council Officers Savannah, Lauren, Gabby, and Seth discussed the basics of 4-H including the requirements to join a 4-H Club and what 4-H is. They also talked about their favorite 4-H projects and activities like 4-H Roundup, Food Show, 4-H camps, and leadership activities. They also talked […]
Want to be a guest on The Extension Hour? Anyone is welcome! You can contact the station through our CONTACT US PAGE – Just click HERE!